I started my career in network and systems support. I left that to try my hand at marketing. After a few years of that I found my calling in software engineering. Below are a few technologies I've worked with:
- HTML & CSS
- Sass / SCSS
- WordPress Themes
- WordPress Plugins
- Git / Github
- Bash Scripting
- Gulp & NPM Scripting
I worked as part of a remote team building Jekyll and WordPress sites. I did a bit of documentation writing and a bit of bash scripting when necessary. I traveled to India to help team members with build tools, train junior developers, eat a lot of curry, etc.
A few highlights:
- Built and maintained over 100 ADA compliant websites for the hospitality industry.
- Jekyll and WordPress websites hosted on proprietary Rails application.
- Used Angular to pull API data from booking engine.
- I was also the resident Linux admin and wrote bash scripts for the rest of the team.
I worked with company clients and a Thai designer to build custom websites. Most were converted from PSD and built on Wordpress. Here are a few technologies we used:
- Converted PSDs to WordPress Themes
- Genesis Framework
- Underscores Framework
- Server Setup and Maintenance (cPanel)
- DNS Setup via CloudFlare
- SEO (Webmaster Tools, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs)
I worked almost ten years as a Network and Systems Administrator, first as an active duty Marine and then for government contractors. I also worked in technical support roles for private companies such as Integra Telecom and public organizations such as Portland Public Schools.
I've condensed most of my work history into this "various roles" section as it was support roles and not development. I can reminisce about these employment experiences at your request.